Inspicio – Videography Intern
Inspicio, an in-depth arts publication sponsored by CARTA at FIU, is seeking videography interns.
• Shoot and edit video, primarily interviews with prominent people in the arts
• Grow Inspicio’s audience via social media
• Sending email blasts using MailChimp
• Page layout and production of eMagazine using InDesign and Mag+
• Website management
• Adobe Premiere
• Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, MailChimp, WordPress, Microsoft Office and social media a big plus
Interested students should contact Raymond Elman at firstname.lastname@example.org
FIU External Relations – News and Communications Intern
FIU News and Communications in FIU’s Division of External Relations is seeking an intern for its online and print publications. The ideal candidate will possess strong writing and interviewing skills along with a go-getter attitude. Staff will provide direction and productive feedback in what should prove an excellent learning opportunity that results in a number of published articles. The paid internship requires roughly 15-20 hours per week and lasts approximately six months with the potential to go longer. Interns will participate in weekly news huddles and interact with seasoned editors as well as photographers, videographers and designers. For a fall 2018 start, it is requested that resumes and clips be submitted no later than Sept. 15 to Alexandra Pecharich, email@example.com. Note that applicants MUST submit clips and/or articles submitted to be considered.
Miami HEAT – Media Production Intern
The department seeks energetic, can-do interns to aid members of HEATVs department for the 18-19 Fall and Spring school year. (Duration of the basketball season Sept. End of Season) The Miami HEAT Media Production Internship is an educational program designed for Junior and Senior students interested in pursuing a career in television production.
• Assist in organizing historical clips
• Recording and logging NBA games and highlights
• Edit pre- and post-game materials for all social media
• Strong computer skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
• Knowledge of Avid editing software is preferred
Interns can work up to 29 hours per week for this paid internship. Students must be enrolled in school and are required to provide official documentation on school letterhead to confirm eligibility. Attach a class schedule with a resume and apply at https://www.teamworkonline.com/basketball-jobs/nbateamjobs/miami-heat/media-production-intern-1942130?source=Glassdoor
NBCUniversal/Telemundo – Graphic Communications Intern
Telemundo Enterprises is seeking graphic design interns in Web & Digital Design and UX/UI Design. This is a full-time position for Spring 2019. To learn more and apply, visit https://www.mediabistro.com/jobs/description/378506/graphic-communications-internships-spring-2019-miami-fl/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic
Infinite Source Communications – Public Information Officer (PIO) Intern
Infinite Source Communications is seeking a PIO intern to work directly with staff to assist with all tasks related to current and future transportation projects.
• Keeping Miami-Dade County informed of various ongoing transportation projects and their impacts on traffic
• Preparing and disseminating information (fact sheets, brochures, press releases, web updates and emails) to the public, elected officials and the media
• Coordinating general public meetings to outline the scope and proposed schedule(s) of project(s)
• Contacting businesses within the proposed working area in advance of road closings
• Scheduling and organizing meetings with public officials and other pertinent parties to discuss project schedules, progress and special issues throughout project duration
• Monitoring and updating project websites
• Enrollment in an accredited college or university as a communications, public relations and/or journalism major
• Moderate experience with print and electronic collateral, TV and print media, and public involvement services
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Efficient with research and social media
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe applications
• Exceptional public speaking skills
• Bilingual, English/Spanish/Creole
• Must be local
If interested, contact Maria Alzate at firstname.lastname@example.org
FIU Online – Peer Coach
The Department of Communication is seeking current undergrad students to work with online Intro to Public Speaking instructors. Peer coaches will be a part of constructing a positive learning community for fellow students and creating meaningful connections with peers and departmental staff.
• Must be an undergrad student who has completed SPC 2608 with an A- or higher
• Currently a student in good standing
• Provide online coaching
• Answer questions on assignments, speeches and provide feedback
• Reach out to peers and students about missing assignments
• Hold online coaching sessions via appointment
• Maintain up-to-date info on rubrics and assignments
This position pays $10/hr and requires 10-15 hours a week. To apply, send your resume to email@example.com
Ballyhoo Media – Photography Intern
Ballyhoo Media, an advertising and event-based media company, is seeking an energetic intern to join its marketing department. Interns will work alongside the Director of Marketing and shoot video and photos right on Miami Beach. This position is unpaid, and academic credit is offered. To learn more about responsibilities, requirements and applying, visit https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Ballyhoo-Media/jobs/Photography-Intern-14fb8abe2a5e7135?q=Digital+Media+Internship&vjs=3
PaperStreet Web Design – Digital Content Associate/Intern
PaperStreet, an award-winning digital marketing agency, is seeking a part-time or full-time Digital Content Intern/Associate. The ideal candidate has strong writing and editing skills, experience in the legal industry and interest in the world of internet marketing. The associate/intern will assist with content tasks related to internal and client projects including writing, editing, proofreading, data entry and quality assurance. To learn more about requirements, responsibilities and applying, visit https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=29b35e7c5b75be6d&tk=1cmlbei0mafon90j&from=serp&vjs=3
Victory Cruise Lines – Various Interns
Victory Cruise Lines, a small boutique cruise company, is seeking Marketing/Social Media, Sales and Operations interns. Each position is unpaid.
The Marketing intern will support the content creation for all Victory Cruise Lines social platforms and destination blog. To apply, send your resume to Glenda Rosado at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sales intern will support sales efforts, help develop partnerships with travel agents and research to generate new business opportunities and sales leads. Must be proficient in Excel. To apply, send your resume to Mathew Dadesky at email@example.com
The Operations intern will support the various everyday tasks of the operations team, from product research to developing new itineraries. This intern must be flexible and want to take on products. To apply, send your resume to Anna Doucas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Common Thread Development – Social Media Intern
Common Thread Development, a casting and development company for film and television located in Downtown Miami, is seeking a marketing/social media intern for the fall semester. The ideal candidate is interested in developing a career in the entertainment industry and must commit to 10 hours per week. Schedules are flexible from week to week.
– Excellent writing skills and attention to detail for story development
– Excellent communication skills and a professional work ethic
– Proficiency in iMovie, Final Cut or Adobe Premiere
– Proficiency in social media
– Letter of recommendation from a mentor, employer or professor
– Building relationships with TV networks, producers, filmmakers, actors and talent in New York and Los Angeles
– Shooting and editing weekly videos
– Obtaining/downloading/editing clips of specific film and TV shows
– Creating weekly flyers/posters/calendars of programs, classes and workshops
– Social meeting engagement
To apply, send resume and letter of recommendation to Diana Lote at email@example.com
Miansai – PR/Marketing Intern
Miansai, a Miami-based accessory and lifestyle brand, is seeking PR/Marketing interns. To apply, send your resume to Shellie Frai at firstname.lastname@example.org
Endeavor Schools – Marketing Communications Intern
Dadeland-based Endeavor Schools, a growing family of private schools, is seeking a Marketing Communications intern. Interest in childcare or Montessori schools is a plus.
– Pursuing a degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism
– Stroy verbal communication, writing skills, and a passion for storytelling
– Attention to detail and excellent time management
– Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
– Developing marketing material and promotional content for ads, webpages, direct mail, press releases, social media, newsletters, etc.
– Driving web traffic using SEO
– Working with school directors to assist with creation of promotional materials for school events
– Assisting with planning and placing local media
– Assisting with copy editing
To apply, send your resume, cover letter and 3 writing samples to Ana Sanchez at Asanchez@endeavorschools.com
West Kendall Baptist Hospital – Healthy West Kendall Communications Intern
Healthy West Kendall is a population health initiative aiming to create the healthiest community in Florida through health programming, community events and strategic partnerships. The communication intern will provide support to the Director of Community Health Strategy and Volunteer Services for a range of health promotion activities.
– Developing and managing social media content
– Assisting in the planning and implementation of on- and off-site events
– Identifying and conducting outreach to sponsors, partners and other stakeholders
– Writing and editing stories, letters, emails, etc.
– Conducting research to support program development
– Creating and maintaining communication archives
For more information, contact Margaret Sotham at email@example.com
Chewy – Production Assistant Intern
Chewy, a pet product brand, is seeking an in-house video production assistant. The intern will support the Producer and Camera Operator.
– Excellent time management
– Superior communication
– Strong professional and customer relations
– Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
– Experience on a media production set
– Must be able to work late or weekends if needed
– May require travel
To learn more and apply, visit https://www.google.com/search?q=chewy+production+assistant+intern&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS796US796&oq=chewy+production+assistant+intern&aqs=chrome..69i57.4070j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&ibp=htl;jobs#htidocid=dL3uLonbN5yC66ATAAAAAA%3D%3D
August – Creative Community Manager Internship
August, a Miami-based boutique digital creative agency, is seeking a creative content and community management intern to support the content team with production of creative campaigns.
– Creativity and passion
– Strong communication skills
– Strong eye for details
– Confidence and an outgoing personality
– Contributing and executing content and creative marketing strategy using cross-channel tactics
– Sniffing out stories and new ways to grab audiences’ attention
– Connecting with the community and influencers
– Writing and copywriting tailored to social media
– Researching trends and producing usable insights
– Coming up with creative content ideas for a range of platforms
– Identifying and seeking out verticals on social media who would be of interest to clients
To apply, send your CV and some visual samples/social media channels to Kyle Rizeq at firstname.lastname@example.org and explain why you’re the ideal candidate.
CBS Television Stations – Sports Intern
This is an educational program designed for college students who are interested in pursuing a career in Sports. It will provide an opportunity for you to learn the operation of the department assigned to while, at the same time allow you to perform some of the job functions that are critical to the learning process. Each student is selected on a first come, first served basis. This is a paid internship. Hours are flexible, and interns must dedicate 20-25 hours per week. To learn more about the position and apply, visit https://cbscorporation.jobs/miami-fl/intern-sports/aae0de45b4a04352b6b7a791e3b494a3/job/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic
College of Business Office of Human Resources – HR Student Assistant at BBC
The College of Business Office of Human Resources (CoB HR) department is currently recruiting an HR Student Assistant to join their team of professionals.
– Supports the CoB HR department with various administrative functions.
– Scans HR documents into CoB ImageNow system.
– Delivers documents to central HR, Academic Affairs and Key Control.
– Maintains logs and updates internal database.
– Assists with new hire logistics.
– Asssits with planning and logistics of HR events and workshops.
– Provides assistance in carrying out any projects and/or special assignments.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 9:00AM to 5:30PM, 20 hours per week. Starting at $10.00/Hour commensurate with experience. To apply, visit https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/
FIU Online Web-Based Courses – Student Multimedia Assistant
The FIU Online Web Based Courses is currently recruiting a Multimedia Assistant to join their team of professionals. The Multimedia Assistant assists the FIU Online Multimedia team in conceptualizing, designing, planning, and producing interactive media materials for FIU Online faculty, staff, and external clients serving as a source of information on trends research, applications, and products related to multimedia use for departmental implementation.
– Assists the Multimedia Team in designing, planning and producing interactive media materials for faculty, staff and clients; determining format, approach, content, level.
– Assists the Multimedia Team to produce graphics and camera-ready artwork needed to complete multimedia projects including presentations, promotional materials, direct mail pieces, trade show booth graphics, print and web-based advertising.
– Review/classify/organize existing footage and compile it for new productions.
– Assists instructional designers in enhancing course content specifically with video recordings, motion graphics and effects.
– Assists the Multimedia Team to develop, create and edit digital photography.
– Assists the Multimedia Team to develop interactive multimedia for various projects. These recordings are then edited and rendered for maximum quality.
– Assist with department operations and processes as needed, including but not limited to Inventory Management, Scheduling, SOP Development, and more.
Applicants must be currently enrolled as an FIU student with a minimum of 6 credits as an Undergraduate student or 3 credits as a Graduate student.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 9:00AM to 5:30PM, 20 hours per week. Starting at $12.00/Hour commensurate with experience. To apply, visit https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/
The ComReal Companies – Commercial Real Estate Intern
ComReal, a seasoned real estate organization, is seeking a Commercial Real Estate Intern. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, highly organized and has strong, clear communication skills. Participation in the program is intended to provide the intern a well-rounded knowledge of the commercial real estate business and valuable skills, all earned by working alongside talented professionals.
– Enhancing market research with a focus on the South Florida marketplaces
– Company-wide maintenance of internal CRM systems
– Data collection, cleanup and entry
– Analysis and interpretation
– Contributing to new research products and deliverables
This position is paid, and academic credit is not required. The intern must commit 10 hours a week. Apply be emailing email@example.com by Sept. 30.
Ole Communications – Media Analyst Intern
Ole Communications is an international multi-media company and founding partner of the HBO Latin America Group (a joint venture with Time Warner), A+E Networks Latin America (a joint venture with A+E Networks) and E! Entertainment Latin America. The Company also provides advertising sales, technical and administrative support to several of its joint ventures and other networks serving Latin America. 35 hours/week commitment. PAID: $13/hour
• Social Media Content Analysis and Compilation
• Monitoring Performance metrics for Social Media and Digital Media
• Conducting Research using analytics tools across various media channels
• Compiling information in an organized manner
Ideal Applicants Key Interests:
• Entertainment Media and its evolving nature given new technology and uses
• Social Media, on a personal and industry level
• Digital Media, on a personal and industry level
• Content Creation and Content Analysis
Contact Luis Cisneros for more information and to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
YELP Marketing intern – Fort Lauderdale
Do you heart Fort Lauderdale? Love attending food festivals, charity events, fashion shows, art fairs and mo’?! Would you consider yourself a connector? A marketing maven? A local with the inside scoop? Looking for a cool resume builder that will offer some real world experience? Learn more here: https://www.yelp.com/careers/job-openings/e7213acd-75a5-4ce2-b76a-8be3a2ea6440?description=Marketing-Intern-Fort-Lauderdale_Community_Fort-Lauderdale-FL Email Gabby Portela Dportela@fiu.edu to apply
Campus Life FIU BBC – Student Graphic Artist
The Department of Campus Life at Biscayne Bay Campus is seeking a student graphic artist.
– Create and design original publications to advertise events for Campus Life at BBC and student councils
– Work in multi-faceted media to put forth creative and informational publications
– Prepare calendars, brochures, flyers, posters and newspaper ads
– Assist the Campus Life Web Designer/IT Coordinator with graphic design needs for the Campus Life website
– Serve as the back-up for front desk staffing (answering the phone, researching and responding to student questions and troubleshooting student issues as needed)
– Previous graphic design experience preferred
– Must be able to multitask effectively
– Must be customer service oriented
– Must have advanced knowledge of graphic programs
– Students must be enrolled with a minimum of six credit hours (undergrad) or three credit hours (graduate) during the Fall or Spring semester
The candidate must be able to dedicate 10-20 hours/week. This position pays $9-10/hour. Apply at https://hr.fiu.edu/prospective-employees/ ID: 515077
Roar Media – Digital Marketing/Social Media Intern
Roar Media focuses on identifying and pushing key performance metrics to deliver programs customized to client needs. Roar is seeking a Digital Marketing/Social Media intern for the upcoming fall semester. Learn more at http://www.roarmedia.com. In your application, include related experience, long-term career goals, availability, your resume and a writing sample of choice. To apply, send your resume and all corresponding documents to email@example.com
SOBEWFF Various Internships
The South Beach Wine and Food Festival team is looking for interested students for various festival intern positions listed below. The SOBEWFF team is looking to hire one student for each role with the exception of the Recruitment coordinator role, where they need 20 total.
• Committee Assistant
• Grand Tasting Venue Event Product Assistant
• Auction & Exhibitor Assistant
• Accounting Assistant
• Best of the Best Winery & Satellite Events Product Coordinator
• Ticketing & Sponsorship Assistant
• Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator
–See position descriptions here: https://communication.fiu.edu/2019-sobewff-committee-assistants-position-descriptions/
–Please have all parties interested send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org . The team would like to start interviewing candidates at the end of this week so please circulate this quickly as appropriate and ask interested students to send them resumes as soon as possible.
Global Strategic Communications – Communication Support Specialist
The Department of Communication within the School of Communication + Journalism is looking for a graduate student intern to support its Global Strategic Communications master’s program’s marketing and recruitment team. The intern will receive a $1,000 stipend at the end of the internship.
– Marketing, recruitment and event management and support
– Contact list management
– Research and project management
– Support marketing materials for digital marketing campaigns, advertising, print materials and special projects
– Content management (photo filing and organization)
– Social media and community management including content creation, curation, monitoring and reporting
– Vendor contact and follow-up
The ideal candidate has 1-2 years experience creating social media content calendars, working across multiple social media platforms and analyzing results. Adobe Suite experience a plus. To apply, email email@example.com with a link to your portfolio (if applicable) and attach your resume. In 2-3 bullet points, tell us why you are qualified for this opportunity, and let us know your availability to interview.
FIU School of Communication and Journalism – Digital Assistants
These students will be teaching assistants for SCJ’s online classes. The duties that the Digital Assistant will be responsible for includes but is not limited to: Providing technical assistance with online courses, including assisting students with Blackboard; Help respond to discussion boards posts from students; Monitor student progress on group projects and offer assistance and suggestions; Respond to emails for student; Hold virtual office hours to help students prepare for tests or quizzes; and Advise on writing assignments for the professor. Applicants must be currently enrolled as a student at FIU with a minimum of 6 credits as an Undergraduate student or 3 credits as a Graduate student. Applicants must be currently enrolled as a student at FIU with a minimum of 6 credits as an Undergraduate student or 3 credits as a Graduate student. To apply: https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/ ID: 512845
Dow Jones News Fund – Various Internships
The Dow Jones News Fund is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to promoting careers in journalism in the digital age. Our vision is robust news media staffed by well-trained, innovative journalists who reflect America’s diversity and are dedicated to a free, strong and fair press. Learn more at dowjonesnewsfund.org
. Interns must commit 40 hours/week. Deadline: Nov 1, 2018 Internship: June-Aug 2019
— Students must complete an online application and one-hour qualifying test. Visit dowjonesnewsfund.org
for a link to the application portal and instructions for taking the test. Contact Linda Shockley for more information on all internships: Linda.Shockley@dowjones.com
Business Reporting Summer Internship
The Dow Jones News Fund Business Reporting Program teaches newsgathering techniques and about finance, the economy, labor relations, the stock market, regulatory agencies and commerce. After training for one week at New York University, interns work in paid internships at top media companies for 10-12 weeks. Weekly salaries start at $400.
Data Journalism Summer Internship
The Dow Jones News Fund Data Journalism Program teaches interns the essential skills and methods of computer-assisted reporting, including the ability to analyze and find compelling stories in data. After training for one week with Investigative Reporters and Editors at the University of Missouri, interns work in paid internships at top media companies for 10-12 weeks. Weekly salaries start at $400. Interns who return to college full-time receive $1,000 scholarships.
Mulitplatform Editing Summer Internship
The Dow Jones News Fund Multiplatform Editing Program prepares interns for the challenge of designing and producing high quality print and digital news products on deadline. One-week training residencies are offered at Temple University and the University of Texas, Austin. After training, interns work in paid internships at top media companies for 10-12 weeks. Weekly salaries start at $400.
Digital Media Summer Internship
In the Dow Jones News Fund Digital Media Program interns are taught how to create digital products, produce multimedia components, manage social media, analyze web traffic, code and devise strategies for engaging media consumers. After training for one week at Arizona State University, interns work in paid internships at top media companies for 10-12 weeks. Weekly salaries start at $400. Interns who return to college full-time receive $1,000 scholarships.
WCSH – Fall Intern – Portland, OR
WCSH offers paid internships for college students interested in careers in broadcast journalism. Assignments would include working side-by-side with experienced journalists in storytelling, videography, digital and social media. The internship runs from September to November 30, 2018. To learn more about the position and apply, visit https://www.jobs.net/jobs/tegna/en-us/job/United-States/Fall-Intern-WCSH/J3Q46M6GXVGXDMX38WL/
KVUE-TV – Fall Intern – Austin, TX
KVUE-TV is seeking college students for its Fall 2018 Internship Program. Interns will have the opportunity to work in various aspects of a television newsroom during the 12-week paid internship. Applicants should be well-versed in local, national and world events.
Interns will learn to:
– Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air and online platforms
– Use the latest editing and photography tools
– Develop original content through social listening and independent sources
– Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest
To learn more and apply, visit https://www.jobs.net/jobs/tegna/en-us/job/United-States/Fall-Internship-Program/J3R34N625FG3CM4FGQP/
Newsroom Internship – Tampa, FL
Do you consume news 24/7? Want to learn what it takes to produce daily content? Interested in shaping the future of the media industry? Apply for our Fall 2018 Intern Program! Apply at: https://www.jobs.net/jobs/tegna/en-us/job/United-States/Multi-Skilled-Journalist/J3V69L6Y06HBFT5CDJF/
Viacom – Fall 2018 Intern (New York and Hollywood, CA)
Viacom is looking for undergraduate and graduate students to intern in a variety of roles. Apply at https://cietour.typeform.com/to/yRZVj5?utm_source=TOTAL+CIE+NETWORK&utm_campaign=e22d25c39a-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_05_17_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_9749e5f484-e22d25c39a-64253505
REPRESENTATIVE CARLOS CURBELO – Congressional Internships: Washington DC
Interning in our office can be of great value to your future academic and career endeavors.While we are unable to offer paid internships, you may be eligible to obtain college credit at the discretion of your academic advisor. Our internship program is flexible, as our staff will do their best to accommodate your schedule, if selected.
We appreciate your interest in learning more about the political process, and look forward to receiving your application.
If you are interested in interning in interning at the Washington, DC Office, some of your duties may include:
– Cataloging newspaper articles, including clipping, organizing and scanning into the computer distribution system
– Researching issues or agency policies
– Answering phone calls
– Distributing mail and informational materials from agencies
– Assisting with outreach projects
– Greeting constituents and guests to our office
– Data assembly and entry
– Other duties may be assigned
Please email your resume and the questionnaire found here: https://communication.fiu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Congressman-Curbelo-Internship-Program-Application.pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Carlos Curbelo DC”.
The C-SPAN Internship Program seeks to utilize the talents and education of students like yourself who are interested in communications and politics. During your internship you will become familiar with the workings of a cable television network and you’ll get a front row seat to the political process.
Position type: Internship Stipend
Link: Apply Today
Slate – Various Fall Internships
Slate is committed to attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. Learn more here: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/slate_fare/2008/04/a_job_for_you_at_slate.html#accordion-slate-plus-intern
Business Insider – Various Nationwide Internships and Positions
We connect the digital generation with the news, ideas, technologies, and trends that are changing our world. Your role in driving, shaping, and developing these connections is unlimited. Learn more and apply here: Business Insider reaches the next generation of leaders. Tech Insider reaches people who embrace innovation. Insider reaches those who believe life is an adventure. If you’re passionate about the conversation happening online, if you work hard and love digital storytelling, your work can resonate with more than 90 million people each month. http://www.businessinsider.com/page/careers#jobs
Pulso – Writer
Pulso is seeking prolific, curious writers that live and breather Latinx content. The fundamental responsibility for this role is to write stories for our daily content service aimed at attracting over a million subscribers to Facebook Messenger. The ideal candidate will have a keen sense of humor and be able to explain topics ranging from the need to pass a clean Dream Act to coming up with Latino history trivia in a compelling, irreverent, conversational manner.
• Strong long-form and social media writing skills
• Commitment to and understanding of issues facing the US-based Latinx community
• Visual storytelling and multi-platform, social media experience
• Adept in a variety of tools (i.e., Photoshop)
• Comfortable working remotely
• Familiar with Facebook ads, Messenger bots and/or WordPress
• Fluent in Spanish
Interested candidates should contact Liz Alarcon at email@example.com
before Sept. 30, 2018.
Influence Communications – Communications/Public Relations Assistant
Influence Communications, a full service marketing and public relations firm in Miami, is seeking a Communications/PR Assistant. The PR assistant will work with the public relations team to ensure smooth running of the division in daily tasks and as it relates to the entire agency.
• Bachelor’s degree in PR, communications or journalism
• Completed at least one internship at an agency
• Strong writing and communication skills in English and Spanish
• Research and organization skills
• Social media experience is a must
• Photoshop and web skills are a plus
• Work closely with account coordinators and managers on basic production and detail work for various accounts
• Drafting press materials
• Maintenance and creation of media lists and editorial calendars
• Database management
• PowerPoint presentation creation
• Press kit assembly and distribution
• Production supervision
• General administrative duties (emailing, filing, copying, making phone calls)
• Assisting in media events
• Maintaining client social media accounts
This position is part-time. Schedule may fluctuate depending on client needs. Some evening and weeking work required. Interested candidates should send resume and writing samples to Helena Poleo at HPoleo@influencecomm.com
Greater Miami Chamber – Program Manager
The Greater Miami Chamber is seeking a Program Manager to coordinate and implement the initiatives and programs under Urban/Community Growth and Industry Growth consistent with the overall mission of the Chamber and the goals and objectives set forth in the Chamber’s Strategic Plan.
• Organize committee meetings by assisting in the creation of agenda items and engaging in continuous communications with committee members
• Record meeting minutes
• Work closely with Committee Chairs, volunteers, Committee subject matter experts
• Coordinate programs associated with committees (ie. Awards programs, seminars, special events)
• Prepare/reconcile event budgets
• Ensure active participation by regular communication with members
• Create administrative documents to facilitate the organization of the committee.
Marketing & Outreach:
• Recruit members through direct marketing efforts and working with committee members when appropriate
• Provide information and support to members and volunteers through various initiatives such as business facilitation measures and business-to-business opportunities
• Coordinate with other Chamber departments as necessary for the success of events and projects
• Participate, support and assist in Chamber activities and events
• 1-2 years related experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
• Strong oral and written communication, organizational and planning skills
Visit https://www.google.com/search?q=greater+miami+chamber+of+commerce+program+manager+job&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS796US796&oq=greater+miami+chamber+of+commerce+program+manager+job&aqs=chrome..69i57.4174j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&ibp=htl;jobs#htidocid=9y8-AMh2jucjmzBZAAAAAA%3D%3D to learn more and apply.
Transformation Church – Media Leader
Transformation Church, a non-profit church located in Miami, is seeking a media team manager to oversee its media department.
• Building and managing the video production team
• Overseeing the overall weekend sound, technical, lighting, IMAG, video, etc. production for all weekend services
• Ensuring the recording/broadcast of worship services, classes, blogs and events as directed by leadership
• Ensuring proper video capture framing for message and worship broadcast/recording as defined by leadership
Must be available for 7:30 PM rehearsals on Thursdays and on Sundays for services. If interested, call Kimberly Soutien at (786) 379-9602 before Oct. 31, 2018
South Florida Business Journal – Managing Editor
South Florida Business Journal is seeking a dynamic, digitally savvy editor to join its award-winning newsroom. The Managing Editor (M.E.) is the newsroom’s chief operating officer, overseeing and ensuring the smooth and orderly flow of content from conception to publishing on all platforms. As the newsroom’s most hands-on manager and coach of reporters, the M.E. is charged with bringing ideas, inspiration, and constant guidance to the content team. Reporting directly to the Editor-In-Chief (EIC), the Managing Editor actively oversees and directs the deployment of resources across the many publishing platforms – online, mobile, email, print, social, etc. – hour by hour, minute by minute. Learn more about the position and apply at https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/829109122/
El Nuevo Herald – Real-Time News Reporter
El Nuevo Herald is looking for an ambitious, high-energy real-time general news reporter who is fluent in written and spoken Spanish. This position is needed to report and write lightning fast stories and posts on all news that is driving the conversation online. The reporter will be responsible for writing, compiling and/or producing lightning-fast stories on political, business, entertainment, sports and lifestyle news in Spanish.
• Strong Spanish-language skills
• The ability to write quickly, accurately and well
• Solid news judgment and excellent journalism ethics
• An intuitive sense of what’s important and interesting
• A good grasp of social media chatter
• A strong entrepreneurial spirit, deep curiosity and high energy
• A collaborative style that works comfortably across teams, spread throughout the office and company
• Quick study of CMSes and storytelling tools
• Basic knowledge of multimedia is expected
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and editors
• College degree
To apply, send cover letter, resume and work samples to Abel Fernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Spectrum News – Orlando, FL – Various Positions
News 13 Orlando is seeking various positions in production, reporting and account planning. To see listings and apply, visit https://jobs.spectrum.com/search-jobs/Orlando%2C%20FL/4673-14710/4/6252001-4155751-4167060-4167147/28×53834/-81×37924/50/2
Max Home Inspections – Various Positions
Insurance Office Assistant
– Present and sell insurance policies to new and existing clients
– Develop and calculate suitable plans based on clients’ needs
– Develop insurance quotes, and closes sales.
– Secure all Trailing Documents from customers.
– Have a 4-40 License; will help you get the license
– Ability to build rapport with clients
– Possess a genuine willingness to learn, be intuitive and resourceful and be coach-able.
– Possess an upbeat, positive and enthusiastic attitude.
– Create relationships from a cold start.
– Proficiency to multi-task, follow-thru and follow-up.
– Excellent Communication/interpersonal skills.
– Confident, self-starter who works well independently.
Phone sales Rep for In- and Out-Bound Calls
You will be responsible for making outbound calls to prospective clients. Hourly Plus commission, Part time is perfect This may become a full time position. The client already has the quote we just need to confirm when they want the service performed and who is going to pay for it.
– Schedule qualified appointments with prospective clients
– Educate prospective clients on products and services
– Resolve client inquiries and complaints
– Maintain record of client contact information
– Perform other administrative duties as assigned
– Previous experience in sales, customer service, or other related fields
– Strong negotiation skills
– Ability to build rapport with clients
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Visit https://maxhomeinspections.com/careers/ to apply.
Tra Publishing – Full Time Assistant
Tra Publishing, is looking for a recent CARTA graduate to work in a paid, full-time position as an assistant responsible for setting up appointments, answering calls, helping with the set-up of book launch events, etc. The office is located at 245 NE 37th Street in the Miami Design District. They seek someone with a good attitude, good communication skills written/verbal, experience in an office environment, knowledge of Microsoft office, good organizational skills and being bi-lingual would be a plus. If you are interested in the position—or have any questions—please reach out directly to Rita Delcarmen Martin, Director of Operations at email@example.com.
Ole Media Services – Receptionist, part-time
This position is responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support in order to ensure that the business unit operates in an effective and efficient manner. This position is also the first impression visitors have to our organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Answers all incoming calls and directs them to the appropriate person
• Greet visitors to our facility; attend guests with refreshments
• Serves as back to traffic (Marketron)
• Provides clerical and administrative assistance to sales and marketing teams
• Keep track of inventory (office supplies and Kitchen supplies)
• Distribute office and kitchen supplies
• Make sure printer is stocked with paper; call for service or IT if not working properly
• Keep kitchen, lobby and conference room clean and organized
• Serve as scheduler for Conference Room
• Respond to public inquiries regarding commercials / on-air shows.
• Keep log of Prices and winners for audit
• Update Client Master List
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• 1 – 2 years of fast paced office experience
• Experience with answering a busy phone system
• Excellent phone etiquette with a clear speaking voice
• Strong communication and people skills
• Basic to intermediate Word, Excel, and Outlook
30 hours/week. $10/hour. Send resume to Ana Lopez. firstname.lastname@example.org
OnPoint Junior Web Content Writer
Accepted candidates will be trained on how to integrate the tenets of our writing style guide, including best SEO practices. This training program allows for excellent career growth and can ultimately lead candidates to transition into SEO Content Editors within our organization.
National Institutes of Health – Recent Graduate – Maryland
NIH Recent Graduates perform duties in one of the Institutes or Centers in the NIH. NIH Recent Graduates receive on-the-job training for one year and complete at least 40 hours of formal interactive training while in the program. Assignments are aimed at developing the employee’s skills and knowledge to progressively perform more difficult duties.
– Participate in the development and implementation of comprehensive plans and strategies for projects, actions, and activities.
– Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of programs or operations to identify issues and make recommendations for improvement.
– Provide organizational support for planning, analyzing, coordinating, and evaluating the development of priorities, resource allocations, work force management, and/or performance objectives.
– Provide technical support to program staff during the development of projects or programs.
To learn more about the positions and qualifications, visit https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/505047900
WTSP 10 – Production Assistant – St. Petersburg, FL
WTSP 10 is seeking a part-time Production Assistant with previous television experience. Primary responsibilities include Steadicam (Movi) operation, robotic camera operation, floor direction, teleprompting and assisting with other tasks as needed. We are willing to train the right candidate. To learn more and apply, visit https://www.jobs.net/jobs/tegna/en-us/job/United-States/Production-Assistant-PT/J3M4RP68BWQTDLX7HT2/
CBS10 – Producer/Editor – Tampa, FL
CBS10 is looking for a full-time Producer/Editor to join our news team. Producer/Editor must be able to produce and edit high impact segments and stories for newscasts and the web. The ideal candidate must demonstrate good visual editing presentation and the ability to add “sizzle” to traditional content. To learn more and apply, visit https://www.jobs.net/jobs/tegna/en-us/job/United-States/Producer-Editor/J3R07H74P1PZXV0BCCF/
Miami Dade College – Adjunct Faculty Journalism/Mass Communications
This adjunct faculty member teaches freshman and sophomore mass communication and journalism courses for students in the Associate in Arts and Associate in Science programs.
– Master’s in Journalism or Mass Communications from a regionally accredited institution; or Master’s and 18 graduate semester hours in Journalism or Mass Communications from a regionally accredited institution
– Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
– Ability to work well with students, faculty, staff and the community
– Ability to function in a technological environment
– Ability to work in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural environment
– Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings and weekend assignments
To learn more and apply, visit https://goo.gl/YDnLuq
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (PT) Tampa, FL
TEGNA owned WTSP 10, the 13th largest market, has an excellent opportunity for a talented part-time Production Assistant. Apply at: https://www.jobs.net/jobs/tegna/en-us/job/United-States/Production-Assistant-PT/J3M4RP68BWQTDLX7HT2/
CBS10 – PRODUCER/EDITOR
CBS10, the TEGNA-owned CBS affiliate in Tampa, FL, the 13th market, is looking for a full-time Producer/Editor to join our news team. Producer/Editor must be able to produce and edit high impact segments and stories for newscasts and the web. The ideal candidate must demonstrate good visual editing presentation and the ability to add “sizzle” to traditional content. Apply at: https://www.jobs.net/jobs/tegna/en-us/job/United-States/Producer-Editor/J3R07H74P1PZXV0BCCF/
Community Voters Project – Full-Time Position
The Community Voters Project is looking for smart, hardworking students to work full-time (day or evening) to register voters and train and recruit new organizers. The Community Voters Project is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that aims to register more than 20,000 voters across Miami-Dade County, specifically in Miami near campus. Students will be paid $15+ an hour. Positions are also available for recent grads. To apply, send your resume to email@example.com
OnPoint – Junior Web Content Writer
OnPoint is seeking a Junior Content Writer to deliver high-quality web content, including technical articles and blogs. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of how to create unique, accurate, informative and engaging content, is a self-motivated team player and pays great attention to detail. OnPoint offers competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and a team-oriented workspace and culture that promotes professional growth and development. To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through Handshake. Read more about the job here. https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/junior-web-content-writer-at-onpoint-725203124/
Education First/Hult International Business School – Full-Time Position
This position offers the opportunity to travel in North and South America to represent Education First and the Hult International Business School. Traveling is about 30 percent of the role. To apply, send resumes to James.Gamito@hult.edu
American Council of Young Political Leaders (ACYPL) – Communications Manager
The ACYPL is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) organization that promotes mutual understanding and cultivates lasting relationships among emerging political and policy leaders worldwide through international exchanges with countries and territories around the world. The ACYPL is seeking a Communications Manager, who will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategic digital communications plan to advance the ACYPL’s mission and elevate its public profile. The Communications Manager will work closely with the CEO and other staff to generate fresh content for all platforms and programs.
– Implement a digital communications strategy
– Manage and create content for ACYPL’s social media presence and website
– Coordinate with US Department of State personnel on media/communications outreach
– Promote organizational events across platforms
– Develop monthly newsletters and email fundraising campaigns
– BA/BS degree
– 2-3 years of professional communications experience, preferable in a non-profit or political organization
– Understanding of social media and scheduling tools (i.e., Hootsuite)
– Experience managing a WordPress site
– Experience with online email marketing tools (i.e., MailChip and Vertical Response)
– Solid knowledge of HTML, CSS and general web editing tools
– Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat Pro
– Proficiency with video editing tools
– Strong writing skills in a variety of formats and styles
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Interest in international affairs and working knowledge of national, state and local government, politics and policymaking
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Communications Manager”
Entry Level Reporter – Santa Rosa Press Gazette, Milton, Florida
The Santa Rosa Press Gazette is a twice weekly newspaper located in Northwest Florida, is seeking an energetic reporter. This is an entry level position and the ideal candidate will be a self-starter, have strong writing skills, be creative and flexible. This job involves being out in the community as well as developing story ideas and sources across our three-county coverage area.
Interested applicants should forward published clips, a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Morning News Producer – West Palm Beach, WPEC CBS12
The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, be a compelling and accurate writer, and be able to multitask and manage their time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast. Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
Viral breaking news journalist – Orlando Sentinel, Orlando, Florida
This journalist will be a vital member of the Sentinel’s breaking news team, a fast-paced and digital-focused group of reporters who often work on tight deadlines, but who also produce in-depth enterprise and watchdog stories. The ideal candidate will be flexible, fast and willing to work early. This position requires experience at a daily news organization and a bachelor’s degree. Considered a plus: experience with video production and content management systems. Contact Lisa Cianci at email@example.com
News Writer – University of Miami
The News Writer in University Communications is charged with the responsibility of telling the story of the University of Miami by writing engaging stories that are important to a variety of audiences, from prospective students and parents to news media, donors and community influencers. Apply at: https://um.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=5552973&user_id=&ViewAll=&emid=3640
Social Media & Digital Specialist – University of Miami
The Social Media and Digital Specialist will execute develop, produce and post engaging social media and web content to effectively promote the University of Miami Division of Continuing & International Education (DCIE) credit and non-credit programs, to help attract prospective students and support overall enrollment goals. The incumbent will be responsible for meeting goals related to growth, engagement, acquisition costs, and enrollment ROI.
Apply at: https://um.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=5554684&user_id=&ViewAll=&emid=3640
LBI Media – Various Internships
Apply at: http://www.lbimedia.com/careers/
Freelance Multi Media Journalist
South Florida PBS is looking for an enterprising freelance Multi Media Journalist to produce, report, shoot and edit packages for the weekly public affairs program, Your South Florida including the signature Your Story feature. The position also exposes the right candidate to shooting and field producing assignments across multiple SFLPBS brands including the Emmy Award winning programs Art Loft, Check Please! and Changing Seas. The ability to operate independently in the field and deliver multiple weekly assignments is key. Experience shooting with DSLR cameras and editing with Final Cut X or Premiere required. Send resume w/ salary requirements to: HR, WPBT2, PO Box 610002, Miami, FL 33261-0002 or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Freelance Production Opportunities
Freelance Videographers/Editors needed for various South Florida PBS productions. Seeking candidates with expertise in storytelling through video. Successful candidates will have experience in field production, with strong competence in lighting and audio. Must be able to multitask, problem-solve, and manage deadlines. High proficiency in Final Cut X required. Knowledge of Avid and Adobe Premiere a plus. Must be reliable, organized, self-motivated, and willing to work in a collaborative team environment.
Send resume w/ salary requirements to: HR, WPBT2, PO Box 610002, Miami, FL 33261-0002 or E-mail email@example.com. EOE, M/F/D/V. http://www.wpbt2.org/jobs.html
Channel 7 – Fox
Hiring for several positions, including Photographers, Assignment Desk Assistant, Producer Associate and Cyber Journalists. https://wsvn.com/employment/
CBS4 Television News Editor – Part Time
REF#: 29041, JOB LOCATION: Miami, FL
CBS 4/WFOR-TV in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale market #16, is looking for a highly motivated News Editor with great storytelling skills to work in this very competitive and fast paced market.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate must have the ability to make use of powerful images and compelling sound to make every story a potential award winning one. Therefore we are looking for a candidate with knowledge of both linear and non-linear editing skills. Experience editing with Final Cut Pro, Grass Valley Aurora NLE system, FTP and posting video on the web is a plus. This individual must be a team player and work well with others in a sometimes stressful environment. Flexibility to work early morning, evenings, weekends and holidays is also required. The successful candidate must have a minimum of two years experience in television news editing. A college degree is preferred. https://cbscorporation.jobs/miami-fl/news-editor-part-time/292a896705b54f35aec28ad38d920855/job/