Transformational Support are unique major gifts because they have the capacity to impact and alter the programs, perception, and future of an organization. These major gifts are true capital investments in the future of an organization and of the community. A transformational gift is a heightened understanding by donors of the importance of philanthropy in building communities and institutions and one of the most important milestones in philanthropic growth for an institution of higher education.
- Naming of the Teaching Clinic Institute (Diversity & Urban Life, Social Media & Integrated Communication, Health, Science & Environment Communication, and Digital Entrepreneurship & Business Communication)
- Naming the Media Innovation Complex Building
- Naming the School of Journalism and Mass Communication
Student Centered Support
Student Centered Support in the form of scholarships, internships and student centered programming help attract top students, encourage diversity and educate the leaders of tomorrow.
- Student Scholarships and Stipends
- Graduate, Research or Teaching Assistantships
- Student Support Fund
- Global Education Study Abroad Fund
- Endowed Scholarship Fund
Faculty Enhancement Support
Faculty Enhancement Support assists in the recruitment and retention of eminent scholars, industry professionals and innovators in the field.
- Faculty Scholarships and Stipends
- Faculty Development Fund
- Graduate Fellowship
- Distinguished Visiting Professorship
- Distinguished Professorship
- Eminent Scholar Chair
- Endowed Deanship
Program Innovation Support
Program Innovation Support fosters an academic environment, promote interdisciplinary approaches, facilitate work groups and think tanks for ground-breaking research, leverage connections to industry and lead the nation in creating the latest educational technologies.
- Mentorship Program
- Apprenticeship and Internship Program
- Teaching Clinic Program
- Endowed Program Fund
Strategic Outreach and Community Support
Strategic Outreach and Community Support enables the school to strategically engage, recruit and retain top of mind students, faculty, alumni and community partners based on the school’s academic roadmap.
- Alumni Magazine Sponsor
- Communications Week Sponsor
- High School Digital Lab Sponsor
- Hispanic Communications Studies Conference Series Sponsor
- Journalism Day Sponsor
- Media Arts Festival Sponsor
- Recruitment through Outreach Sponsor
- Leadership Academy in New York
Research and Centers of Excellence
Research and Centers of Excellence offers our students, faculty and the community at large with access to research resources, leadership, best practices models, support and/or training for a particular focus area.
- Endowed Research Fund
- Center, Institute or Program
- Naming the SJMC International Media Center
- Lillian Lodge Kopenhaver, Center for Advancement for Women in Communications
New Media and Technology Support
- Student & Faculty Research Lab
- Multimedia Learning Lab
- Student Newsroom or Entrepreneurial Lab
- Naming of the Broadcasting Studio
If you have any questions about your gift to the School of Journalism and Mass Communication at FIU, please contact:
Kristin Bird, Sr. Development Officer, Florida International University, School of Journalism & Mass Communication, Biscayne Bay Campus, 3000 NE 151 Street, ACII – Room 335, North Miami, FL 33181, Tel: (305) 919-4001, Fax: (305) 919-5203, firstname.lastname@example.org